To learn more about FoBS …
FOBS is looking for assistance….
- Let us know if you know anyone who would like to join our board (it is truly only 11 meetings a year and then ad hoc support). Everyone is welcome, and we would especially like to see a couple of seniors.
- And we need help with chefs for the Tuesday Connections…it’s not a monthly commitment, you can just help when you can.
FOBS kicks off the 2018/2019 Tuesday Connections year with outstanding programs that will keep you engaged! Featuring a variety of fun and entertainment from local farming, to sports trivia and stamp collecting, to songs… Join your friends at the Senior Center on the third Tuesday of each month at 11:00 a.m. followed by a delicious lunch prepared by FOBS volunteers. Mark your calendars now – you will not want to miss one!
Future Tuesday Connections:
- September 18th – Local Farming at the Flats Mentor Farm. Executive Director, Maria Moreira will introduce you to World Farmers, through its programs at Flats Mentor Farm, a nonprofit that provides access to land, training, and technical assistance to over 300 immigrant and refugee farmers and assists farmers in finding markets – from local Farmers’ Markets and wholesale outlets to a CSA subscription marketed by World Farmers. Produce from the farm will be served at lunch.
- October 16th – Halloween Harvest: Ghosts, Goblins & More with storyteller David Bates: A perfect way to celebrate the fall season, with traditional and true-life ghost stories, supernatural tales and songs about the harvest and turning of the earth. We encourage coming in costume! Funded, in part, by a grant from the Bolton Cultural Council, a local agency supported by the MA Cultural Council.
- November 20th – Health Fair and Thanksgiving dinner in conjunction with COA
- December 18th – Annual Holiday sing-a-long. Raise your voices in song to usher in the holiday season.
August 21st – Senior Cookout was lots of fun.
And a few pics of the fun!
Make sure to check out all sort of helpful information about fuel assistance, meals etc on our resources and programs pages!
And please “like” and follow us on www.facebook.com/fobsbolton
Annual membership drive
Friends of the Bolton Seniors did well in its last membership drive. Through generous donations from the Bolton community, FOBS has been able to help with services and programs for Bolton Seniors. Of course many seniors stay active; but others need our help. Please join us in fulfilling our mission by becoming a member.
If you are a senior in need of assistance, our list organizations and agencies can help.
Senior Assistance Fund: FOBS provides funds to Bolton seniors in need for unforeseen or emergency assistance. No one should have to make the decision to sacrifice essentials such as food or medication because of a financial crisis or unforeseen expenses. If you or someone you know is in need, we can help. Lisa D’Eon has the form and can also give you guidance on whether we can help or not.