To learn more about FoBS …
Senior Appreciation Month – May:
We’re Celebrating Senior Appreciation Month
Each May, we celebrate by hosting fun and informative activities for Bolton’s senior citizens. This year’s theme Connect, Create, Contribute, encourages seniors and the Bolton community to:
- Connect with friends, family, and local services and resources.
- Create through activities that promote learning, health, and personal enrichment.
- Contribute time, talent, and life experience to benefit others.
Throughout the month – Senior Art Show in the Program Room at the Bolton Public Library. On display are artworks by Bolton Seniors as instructed by Ellen Caless.
May 1st – delivery of May baskets to seniors age 85 and over. Baskets are made by 2nd grade classes at the Florence Sawyer School.
May 13 – 18 . Senior Shopping Week. Local businesses are showing their appreciation by offering discounts to seniors. The businesses below have already agreed to participate and FOBS will post the full list on our Facebook page, www.facebook.com/fobsbolton
- Animal Adventures 10% discount for seniors all week
- Bolton Bean Discount to be confirmed
- Bolton Orchards 10% discount on orders
- Essential Therapies Day Spa 20% off for seniors Monday – Friday (13-17th)
- Slater’s small cheese pizza at lunch time
- Colonial Candies 15% off for seniors
- Russian Icon Museum – $5.00 admission to anyone 59 and over throughout the month of May.
Please make sure to support these business and thank them!
Senior Assistance fund:
FOBS provides funds to Bolton seniors in need for unforeseen or emergency assistance. No one should have to make the decision to sacrifice essentials such as food or medication because of a financial crisis or unforeseen expenses. If you or someone you know is in need, we can help. For more information contact email@example.com.
FOBS 2019 Tuesday Connections has outstanding programs that will keep you engaged! Featuring a variety of fun and entertainment from local farming, to sports trivia and stamp collecting, to songs… Join your friends at the Senior Center on the third Tuesday of each month at 11:00 a.m. followed by a delicious lunch prepared by FOBS volunteers. Mark your calendars now – you will not want to miss one.
Future Tuesday Connections:
- May 21st – The History of Stamps. Stamps tell the story of the history of the Postal Service, and the story of society, cultures and identity through postage stamps. Henry Lucas, the Education Director at the Spellman Museum of Stamps and Postal History, will present the fascinating history of stamps and the postal system. “This program is supported in part by a grant from the Bolton Cultural Council, a local agency which is supported by the Massachusetts Cultural Council, a state agency.”
- June 18th – Trivial Pursuit game. Engaging in brain exercises is just as important as engaging in physical exercises for the body, so join us in a rollicking game of Trivia Pursuit.
- August 20th – Senior Cookout at noon – Mark your calendars. Please join FOBS for the annual Summer Cookout at Davis Hall (First Parish Church), 673 Main Street. This is truly a community event: hamburgers, cheeseburgers, kielbasa grilled by the Lions Club; salads homemade by town residents; and ice cream and cookies for dessert! Of course, there will be entertainment and Bingo. For MART van transportation to Davis Hall, please call Sheila at 978-779-3313.
Tuesday Connections – folk singer Lindsay Straw.
- March 19th – Twas fabulous….Listen and enjoy: https://www.facebook.com/fobsbolton/videos/2453764884706215/
November – Health Fair and Thanksgiving dinner was educational and fun
And a few pics!
Make sure to check out all sort of helpful information about fuel assistance, meals etc on our resources and programs pages!
And please “like” and follow us on www.facebook.com/fobsbolton
Annual membership drive
Friends of the Bolton Seniors did well in its last membership drive. Through generous donations from the Bolton community, FOBS has been able to help with services and programs for Bolton Seniors. Of course many seniors stay active; but others need our help. Please join us in fulfilling our mission by becoming a member.
If you are a senior in need of assistance, our list organizations and agencies can help.
Senior Assistance Fund: FOBS provides funds to Bolton seniors in need for unforeseen or emergency assistance. No one should have to make the decision to sacrifice essentials such as food or medication because of a financial crisis or unforeseen expenses. If you or someone you know is in need, we can help. Lisa D’Eon has the form and can also give you guidance on whether we can help or not.