Tuesday Connections, May 16th – Senior Appreciation Month.
- 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. – Tuesday Connections will honor Bolton seniors during Senior Appreciation Month. Join FOBS in a fun game of “Who Said It!” at the Senior Center that will emphasis the “Age Out Loud” theme. And, of course, there will be prizes for all! Lunch is quiche, salad, and celebratory cake.
May is Senior Appreciation Month
May is designated nationally and in Bolton as the month we honor our seniors. This year’s theme is “Age Out Loud.” Join us during this special month as we celebrate with food and activities.
- May baskets delivered to seniors!
- May 9th – lunch at First Parish church
- May 16th – Tuesday connections with special program and lunch!
- May 31st – trip to the Healing Garden in Harvard. Forest Bathing at the Healing Garden. Breath, Relax, Wander, Touch, Listen, Heal, and peel off the layers of stress, on a nature walk unlike any you’ve experienced with Certified Forest Therapy Guide Nadine Mazzola. This leisurely walk of about a half mile will have stops and lots of places to sit along the way. Finish with a Shinrin Yoku garden tea and a small snack. Wear comfortable shoes and bring a hat. Cost is $2.00
Make sure to check out all sort of helpful information about fuel assistance, meals etc on our resources and programs pages!
And please “like” and follow us on www.facebook.com/fobsbolton
Future Tuesday Connections:
- June 14th – Stoneham Theatre Trip. This year’s show is “I Loved, I Lost, I Made Spaghetti!” Tickets will again be offered at a discount.
- June 20th – Musical Performance by Richard Travers. Richard returns to Bolton to lead us in song.
- August 16th – Senior Cookout
Annual membership drive
Friends of the Bolton Seniors did well in its membership drive, and specifically with fuel assistance donations. Through generous donations from the Bolton community, FOBS has been able to help with services and programs for Bolton Seniors. Of course many seniors stay active; but others need our help. Please join us in fulfilling our mission by becoming a member.
And, save the date June 3rd for our annual “shredding party” fund raiser…!
If you are a senior in need of assistance, our list organizations and agencies can help.
Save our Seniors: FoBS now has a special fund to help seniors in need, so please reach out. Lisa D’Eon has the form and can also give you guidance on whether we can help or not.