To learn more about FoBS …
Senior Assistance fund:
FOBS provides funds to Bolton seniors in need for unforeseen or emergency assistance. No one should have to make the decision to sacrifice essentials such as food or medication because of a financial crisis or unforeseen expenses. If you or someone you know is in need, we can help. For more information contact email@example.com.
FOBS 2020 Tuesday Connections has outstanding programs that will keep you engaged! Featuring a variety of fun and entertainment from a Ted talk, to Irish step dancing, to songs… Join your friends at the Senior Center on the third Tuesday of each month at 11:00 a.m. followed by a delicious lunch prepared by FOBS volunteers. Mark your calendars now – you will not want to miss one.
Future Tuesday Connections:
- February 18th – Guess what building this is? A fun game of before and after with the Bolton Historical Society. Using images of Bolton buildings, learn about these structures, when they were built, the architecture, and the people behind them.
- March 17th – Iris Step Dancing with the Beirne Family. What better way to celebrate the day with a return visit by the talented Beirne family.
- April 16th: Crafting with a Difference! Join us as we celebrate “Rocks of Kindness Project”. Decorate a rock with a saying, a sticker or just a heart. The rocks will be placed throughout Bolton for others to find and lift their spirits.
- May 21st: Senior Appreciation month…program to follow!
- June 18th: “Yours for Humanity:Abby.” A one woman play dramatizing the life work of Abby Kelley Foster, Worcester’s 19th century radical abolitionist, human and woman’s rights activist, to end slavery and ensure equality for all.
Shaws Recycling and Reusable bags
During the month of February Shaws supermarket is encouraging recycling and helping FOBS. When you visit Shaws in Clinton, and buy a reusable bag FOBS automatically get $1. If you go to another Shaw’s during February, you need to use the attached “Giving Tag” to redirect your donation to FOBS within 7 days of purchase. See more at https://shaws.bags4mycause.com
Make sure to check out all sort of helpful information about fuel assistance, meals etc on our resources and programs pages!
And please “like” and follow us on www.facebook.com/fobsbolton
Annual membership drive
Friends of the Bolton Seniors did well in its last membership drive. Through generous donations from the Bolton community, FOBS has been able to help with services and programs for Bolton Seniors. Of course many seniors stay active; but others need our help. Please join us in fulfilling our mission by becoming a member.
If you are a senior in need of assistance, our list organizations and agencies can help.
Senior Assistance Fund: FOBS provides funds to Bolton seniors in need for unforeseen or emergency assistance. No one should have to make the decision to sacrifice essentials such as food or medication because of a financial crisis or unforeseen expenses. If you or someone you know is in need, we can help. Lisa D’Eon has the form and can also give you guidance on whether we can help or not.