Tuesday Connections, April 18th – Scam Awareness. As we all know, senior citizens are often targeted as subjects of telephone and financial scams. The Community Outreach Coordinator from the Worcester County Sheriff’s Department will lead a discussion of common scams, how to protect yourself, and who you should notify if you have been the subject of a scam. As always a lovely lunch provided by FoBS volunteers will follow.
May is Senior Appreciation Month
May is designated nationally and in Bolton as the month we honor our seniors. This year’s theme is “Age Out Loud.” Join us during this special month as we celebrate with food and activities.
- May baskets delivered to seniors!
- May 9th – lunch at First Parish church
- May 16th – Tuesday connections with special program and lunch!
- May 31st – trip to the Healing Garden in Harvard
Make sure to check out all sort of helpful information about fuel assistance, meals etc on our resources and programs pages!
And please “like” and follow us on www.facebook.com/fobsbolton
Future Tuesday Connections:
- June 14th – Stoneham Theatre Trip. This year’s show is “I Loved, I Lost, I Made Spaghetti!” Tickets will again be offered at a discount.
- June 20th – Musical Performance by Richard Travers. Richard returns to Bolton to lead us in song.
- August 16th – Senior Cookout
Annual membership drive
Friends of the Bolton Seniors did well in its membership drive, and specifically with fuel assistance donations. Through generous donations from the Bolton community, FOBS has been able to help with services and programs for Bolton Seniors. Of course many seniors stay active; but others need our help. Please join us in fulfilling our mission by becoming a member.
And, save the date June 3rd for our annual “shredding party” fund raiser…!
If you are a senior in need of assistance, our list organizations and agencies can help.
Save our Seniors: FoBS now has a special fund to help seniors in need, so please reach out. Lisa D’Eon has the form and can also give you guidance on whether we can help or not.